Friday, February 8, 2008

Grave Design

Okay, this is depressing, so sorry in advance. But for me to post to the blog today, I have to talk again about my dad. Today is my father's birthday, so of course I'm thinking a lot about him. I also tend to think of his grave on this day, even though I don't believe that is what should really represent him. Not to get too religious or controversial, but I don't think a person's soul lives on or anything happens after death, much less do I think the grave or cemetery houses their soul or spirit.

Still, it's where we go to remember someone we've lost, so it should in some way reflect that person. I think my dad's grave does do a nice job of portraying him as a person. We chose a spot with a tree and shade, because he never laid out in the sun, even at the beach. His gravestone is very sleek and modern, which reminds me of how he was always up on pop culture and into the latest gadgets and technology. The type used is very clean and sophisticated. Even if it doesn't matter much, where he was laid to rest does nicely symbolize and memorialize my father.

No comments: