Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Folding@home

After a few days of researching and struggling to pick something new that I care enough about to write an article on, I found out about Folding@home. My boyfriend has a PlayStation 3, and he's mentioned this to me before. It's a distributed computing software application he downloaded for free, and it works together with all other worldwide users' software to make one big old supercomputer. This particular application, Folding@home, simulates the process of proteins folding over and over in an effort to understand and ultimately cure the world's worst diseases, like cancer and Alzheimer's. I'll save the rest of my description and writing for the article...just wanted to share that I'm happy to find a new technology that is really working to fix huge problems.

No comments: