Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Scathing Blog

I haven't seen that many movies lately, but I'm sure I will catch a few this summer. Before I head to the theater I always check out Pajiba. They feature "scathing reviews for bitchy people." Love it. I also enjoy reading their reviews after I've seen a movie to find out how my opinion matches up with theirs or find out about something I might have missed while watching.

The reviewers are hilarious. They bash the crappy films quite nicely, but they also have a lot of knowledge about film making and give very insightful critiques and well-written reviews of good movies, like Brokeback Mountain, The Bourne Ultimatum, and Juno.

Plus now they have book reviews and daily news updates. I also like their Guide to What's Good for You, which describes their favorite group of films in a particular genre or completely made up category, like the movies that feel most like real life, the best third date flicks, or the 10 worst blockbusters of all time.

2 comments:

Lidia said...

You also blog on Sundays ...

I liked your links, but how can we have enough energy to conceive all the info surrounding us? I mean I am so overwhelmed with everything and searching for extra info is impossible for me. Or maybe there is something wrong with me?

Mandy M said...

Well, Lidia, I have no idea what you are referring to from my blog. But I agree that you can't absorb all the information in the world.

Searching for extra information (as in looking at blogs?) can be tedious but it can also be fun and inform your other decisions better.

I really don't even know if you meant to comment on my blog, but I hope this helps.