Friday, March 7, 2008

Inspiration: Trailers

Like most people, I usually enjoy a movie trailer more than the movie. Who doesn't love the rush of action, adventure, comedy, and romance you get in just a three-minute clip? The only thing I don't love is when a movie is marketed in the trailer as something its not. I've seen a few trailers that make a movie seem like a happy comedy when actually it's a total downer.

The film "Lady in the Water" was shown in the trailer as more of a fantasy film or a legend. The movie itself is this ridiculous mystery in a hotel and about modern-day prophets or something, and it's unbelieveably stupid. Luckily I saw it on HBO and not in the theater.

I wonder how much control the producers and directors have on the trailer that's created and used. I'm sure it's all the studio and marketing peeps.

No comments: